The Carpenter Local 1669 Training Centre has an array training services it can provide. We have a staffing compliment of full-time and part-time instructors who have years of work and educational experiences. The Carpenters Local 1669 Training Centre has a full-time in-house Program Developer that is available to help you with your training curriculum needs.
The Carpenters Local 1669 Training Centre offers Occupational Health and Safety training and is a Training Delivery Agent for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
The Carpenters Local 1669 Training Centre offers Occupational Health and Safety training that includes (not limited to):
Heath and Safety Training
- Working at Heights (IHSA/MOL Approved)
- Confined Space Awareness in Construction
- WHMIS 2015 (GHS Revised)
- Power Elevated Platforms/Aerial Platforms with Propane
- Rough Terrain Forklift with Propane
- Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid with AED & CPR – Level C (2 Day)
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid with CPR (1day)
- Basics of Rigging Hoisting
- Workers Health and Safety Awareness (Worker 4 Step)
- Suspended Work Platform Systems (Users)
- Basics of Supervision
- Scaffold Awareness for Users
- Customers can rent classrooms and utilize their own trainers
Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development- Training Delivery Agent
The Carpenters Local 1669 Training Centre is a Training Delivery Agent (TDAs) for Ministry of Advance Education and Skills Development.
Under our TDA agreement the CLTC facilitates Carpentry related craft trade schools that include:
- Drywall, Acoustics, and Lathing Applicator 451A Level 1 and Level 2
The Carpenters Local 1669 Training Centre develops and facilitates its TDA curriculum to meet or exceed the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) curriculum standards.
The Carpenters Local 1669 Training Centre instructors are professional instructors that have may years of practical experience in the respected craft trade groups. In addition to the years of experiences our instructors participate in professional development through the Carpenters International Training Centre.
These respected programs are not exclusive to Carpenters’ Local 1669 members and we invite eligible apprentice to inquire about utilizing our trade school programs.